domingo, 24 de janeiro de 2010

Big concern: but how to do evaluate a blog?

Reading Wang and Fang (2005) experience and also following the examples bring out by Davi, Frydenger and Gulati (2007) make emerge one big concern that has followed me for quite some time now.
“How can we, on heart, evaluate with reliability in this new assessment approaches and tools? How do I assess a blog? How can we give a grade to something so personal and so self-referred?”
Research papers normally talk about post analyses associated with questionnaires (likert’s scales) but they are not transparent enough about how that post analyses happen and how are those students answers in the questionnaires used to give grades.
I truly believe in all the benefits, in all the advantages that blogs (an other Web 2.0 tools) can bring to the learning process and to student competences. I see blogs (an other Web 2.0 tools) to be very powerful not only for the present but even more for the future. But I have serious difficulties to see how a teacher/instructor can clearly define collectively applicable aims and metrics for such personal product.
[I have great hopes that this course can help me settle down these disturbing questions]

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário